Tuesday 22 May 2007

Business use

I can't sing Adrian Flux's and Chaucer's praises enough now. The people at adrian Flux have really pulled out all the stops. I had a problem about being a supply teacher and wanting to drive to school in my Ford Prefect (partly because there is a teacher at one school who loves classics and I want to show her mine), but I'd originally been told that Chaucer (the insurer) regard supply as business use.

Another insurer, Norwich Union, however, told me that supply would not count as business use with them. So I asked if Chaucer (my insurer, arranged by Adrian Flux) would see things the same way if they understood that unlike other supply teachers I don't go to more than one school in a day.

Instead of saying that I don't need business use with them either, Chaucer have decided to let me have Class 1 business use (though I am not quite sure what that includes yet), which will let me go to schools. And they have offered to increase my limited mileage to 5,000/annum from the original 1,500....all at no extra charge.

WOW !

Thanks guys; Talk about VIP treatment!



And J, get well soon.